*The Environmental Sciences Sales Associate (SA) is responsible for assisting the Director of Environmental Sciences (DoES) in building, maintaining and nurturing a robust pipeline, aligning with Environmental Sciences and urban-gro (UG) sales to ultimately achieve Total Contract Value Quota retirement while potentially closing UG opportunities for consumables. The SA works with the DoES and the Senior PCA and Compliance Coordinator to build a comprehensive and scalable ecosystem.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compiling lists of prospective customers and identifying key contacts for use as sales leads, leveraging such tools as Salesforce.com (SFDC), CannaBiz Media, Tradeshow leads, Partners, LinkedIn, Social Media among other sources
- Owning discovery, qualification and analysis of the UG selling system as it relates to Environmental Sciences (ES).
- Effectively articulating, marketing and selling ES department products and services.
- Generating leads by performing outbound sales calls, generating and qualifying sales qualified leads and marketing qualified leads, completing Cultivation Needs Analysis, and generating program development calls with the Senior PCA and/or Director.
- Initiating and performing web duties, such as prospect/customer research, identifying viable events to drive pipeline growth, and tracking and preparing reports on daily, weekly, and monthly leads and sales calls.
- Participating in UG’s marketing efforts, coordinating call results and related data in order to improve marketing efforts.
- Setting up meetings and appointments with qualified prospects and meetings with the Senior PCA and/or the DoES.
- Assisting DoES, Senior PCA and the Compliance Coordinator in identifying and cultivating relationships with strategic partners and resellers.
- Keeping accurate logs, adding lead notes, activities, contacts, company and meeting notes in SFDC.
- Ability to qualify UG’s prospects per the UG selling system, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Discussing the benefits of the UG solution to qualified prospects.
- Communication Proficiency (written and verbal).
- Teamwork skills.
- Leadership and Mentoring.
- Customer Focus.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
- Self-motivated, with strong work ethic.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend, and field work may be required as job duties demand.
This position may require travel up to 10%.
Required Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in inside sales or Cannabis business manager
- Proven history of leads generation, appointments, and closing opportunities over the phone.
Preferred Education and Experience
Associates degree or bachelor’s degree.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Agriculture business, or related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.