The Systems Engineer is responsible for assisting urban-gro (UG) Sales Team in the technical aspect of the sales process, specifically leading horticulture technical product demonstrations, assisting the sales representative to effectively articulate UG’s value proposition, work with the customer to complete the Cultivation Needs Analysis (CNA), transition customer from sales to operations, and on-boarding.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Articulate and demonstrate UG’s horticulture technology value proposition.
- Drive sales by providing technical sales support to the sales team.
- System Integration (SI) offering and proposed system solutions.
- Establish functional and technical competency with clients, understand their business requirements, and craft effective solutions to meet those requirements.
- Lead product and services discussions and demonstrations with prospective clients.
- Write and present UG SI System proposals, Statement of Work (SOW) documents, RFI/ RFP/ FRQ responses, and associated services proposals, including services job estimations.
- Effectively represent UG at field events such as conferences, tradeshows and seminars.
- Transition booked Opportunities and Service Engagements to post-sale teams.
- Assist Sales Associates (SA), Sales Leaders and Customers throughout the sales process by offering horticulture technical support.
- Facilitate transition from a “closed sale” to post-sales by working closely with the customer to ensure expectations are clear to the customer and UG.
- Provide customers with solutions that meet their facility applications/growing practices, and ensure protected holistic design, disaster recovery applications, appropriate bandwidth for future growth, etc.
- Time Management
- Results Oriented
- Technical Capability
- Emotional Intelligence
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Frequent trade show environment.
While performing consulting services this employee will be exposed to common elements in an agricultural facility including bright light, humidity, and air circulation. The employee is responsible for wearing proper PPE while advising at the customer location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires frequent travel for the purposes of advising and consulting at customer locations and trade shows, more than 60%. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel is international.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related industry.
- Mechanically/technically inclined with experience in a client facing role.
- Proven ability to identify key decision makers and build relationships.
- Horticulture background/experience – commercial crop production.
- Experience promoting to and networking with potential clients at trade shows.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts in simple, understandable terms.
- Strong technical presentation skills (development and delivery).
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.