San Diego, CA
- The Sales Associate is responsible for assisting the Director of Sales in building, maintaining and nurturing a robust Pipeline, aligning with the sales team to ultimately achieve TCV Quota retirement, and closing urban-gro, Inc. opportunities for consumables via urban-gro’s eCommerce site. The Sales Associate works with the Director of Sales to build a comprehensive and scale-able ecosystem.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compiling lists of prospective customers and identifying key contacts for use as sales leads.
- Effectively articulate, market and sell urban-gro’s products and services.
- Generating leads by performing outbound sales calls, generating Sales Qualified Leads and Marketing Qualified Leads, completing Cultivation Needs Analysis (CNA’s), and generating activity to scheduled urban-gro events such as Webinars, Lunch & Learns, identify trade shows.
- Initiating and performing web duties, such as prospect/customer research, identifying viable events to drive Pipeline growth, and researching state cannabis regulations and laws.
- Participating in urban-gro’s marketing efforts, coordinating call results and related data in order to improve marketing efforts.
- Setting up meetings and appointments with qualified prospects.
- Assisting the Director of Sales in identifying and cultivating relationships with strategic Partners and Re-sellers.
- Keeping accurate logs, adding lead notes, activities, contacts, company and meeting notes information in salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Making at least 600 calls a month to prospective customers.
- Discussing the benefits of the UG solution to qualified prospects.
- Communication Proficiency (written and verbal).
- Proven history of leads generation, appointments, and closing opportunities over the phone.
- Teamwork skills.
- Leadership and Mentoring.
- Customer Focus.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
- Self-motivated, with strong work ethic.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times.
This position operates in a professional office environment or home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. This position also operates in the field at customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening, weekend, and field work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires frequent travel, up to 40% of the time, to trade shows, events, and customer locations.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.