The Cultivation Systems Designer provides accurate and timely design services, using CAD and other design software for clients. Examples of design work shall include pipe design and layout, irrigation equipment layout(s), calculation of flow rates, pressure, specification(s), sequencing, and other system requirements.
Job Specific Duties:
- Irrigation Designer is knowledgeable of CAD based design systems and capable of utilizing these systems to perform their daily duties.
- Irrigation Designer works with Irrigation Design Manager to better understand and utilize CAD based design systems, directly engaging Irrigation Design Manager with questions and inquiries during the design phase of projects.
- Irrigation Designer maintains a list of all open projects and reports as requested to Irrigation Design Manager and/or Director of Systems Integration.
- Irrigation Designer takes initiative to report on project status, timelines, completion dates, goals, landmarks, and roadblocks.
- Irrigation Designer takes part in weekly Design Team Meetings
- Irrigation Designer is proficient at providing the following calculations recording and providing same as required on a project basis.
- Size appropriate tanks
- Size filtration system
- Layout equipment in headhouse
- Propose and draw most efficient pipe runs in fertigation layout
- Calculate pipe header pipe size
- Calculate pump size
- Confirm tank sizes will suffice for facility size and doorway restrictions
- System sequencing and total irrigation time
- Flow rate calculations table
- Irrigation Designer is proficient at providing the following designs recording and providing same as required on a project basis.
- Design Schematic showing details such as pipe size, flow rates, control points, sensor points, equipment, flow rate calculations table, control address’
- Fertigation layout showing proposed pipe runs,
- System detail drawings/shop drawings(bench valve, emitter, Dosatron, pump, sensors, etc.)
- Create parts list
- Confirm final parts list
- Irrigation Designer is proficient at providing the following equipment specific designs recording and providing same as required on a project basis.
- Development of project narratives for manager review (requires technical writing)
- Maintenance of all relevant documentation to the appropriate shared files in the system.
- Irrigation Designer owns the organization and current structure of the Deliverables Folder and the Archive Folder within assigned project folders.
- Irrigation Designer works with CXM team collectively and individually on a project by project basis to ensure accurate timely and efficient transfer of information, data, documents and project deliverables between internal teams in an effort to provide same to sales team members and clients.
- Irrigation Designer communicates externally and internally with urban-gro team members, clients, vendors, freight brokers, and other service providers, under the direction of the Irrigation Design Manager and Director of Systems Integration. Such communication may be conducted in-person, by phone, or email. Work based communications should not be conducted via text message. All communications should be of the utmost professional nature.
- Irrigation Designer performs other tasks as required and directed by Irrigation Design Manager, Director of Project Management and other urban-gro executives.
- Time Management
- Results Oriented
- Technical Capability
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets. Frequent trade show environment.
While performing consulting services this employee will be exposed to common elements in an agricultural facility including bright light, humidity, and air circulation. The employee is responsible for wearing proper PPE while advising at the customer location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Engineering, Business or related field.
- Mechanically/technically inclined with experience in a client facing role.
- Experience promoting to and networking with potential clients at trade shows.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts in simple, understandable terms.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time