The Sales Operations position manages support functions essential to UG’s sales force, ultimately driving productivity & efficiency. The Sales Operations position will initiate and manage the appropriate systems to support, track, and report on total contract value (TCV) generating activities throughout the sales life-cycle, as well as collaborate closely with all corporate functions to assure alignment of resources and activities critical to sales effectiveness and to promote a corporate culture which enables sales to be successful.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the EVP of Sales, Director of Sales, Sales Associates, Director of Enterprise Sales & Partner Sales to ensure quarterly and yearly TCV quota achievement.
- Perform research for the UG sales team to identify prospects, along with facilitating discussions, calls, meetings, etc.
- Drive discipline through the UG sales by driving compliance, change management, effectiveness, sales productivity and efficiency.
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, budgeting, and reporting processes used within UG sales.
- Oversee necessary research and analysis to ensure the appropriate assignment and allocation of quotas.
- Help facilitate recurring training for UG sales through scheduled sessions such as Lunch & Learns, promoting continuing education.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Work with accounting, finance, and human resources to assist with sales incentive compensation administration or clarify sales compensation policies and procedures.
- Manage UG sales platform and development.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports.
- Manage the process for all leads, marketing qualified leads, prospects, pipeline, campaigns, and emerging channels and/or markets to ensure effectiveness.
- Initiate new sales support tools for UG sales (including research, stakeholder investigations, metrics, and identifying efficiencies improvements and issues).
- Create, compile, manage and distribute sales reports for internal stakeholders.
- Improves and implements systematic processes for pricing/quoting, proposals and contracting between sales, product management, legal, finance and customers; liaises between UG sales and finance/legal regarding contracting.
- Improve and implement systematic processes for transition of customer/project from UG sales to commissioning and customer support.
- Facilitate and assist with UG’s service catalog and structure by working with product management UG sales
- Communication Proficiency (written and verbal).
- Proactive ability to identify opportunities.
- Facilitation, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical, business, financial, operations and technical skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Salesforce.com Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or like applications
- Leadership and Mentoring.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Self-motivated, with strong work ethic.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening, weekend, and field work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.