The Customer Experience Manager is responsible for providing accurate information, exemplary customer service and resolving issues by offering solutions, explanations and managing internal project communications with to regional sales managers and customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Service
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers
- Responds to customer or sales rep requests same-day (when sent before 4pm)
- Processes actionable items for regional sales managers and customers within 4 days
- Answers customer calls in a friendly and efficient manner and directs them to the appropriate contact within the company
- Works with DSI and DSC to coordinate communication between customers, sales managers, and designers during the design, delivery, installation, and commissioning process
- Follows up with project designers, vendors, etc. when projects have stalled and provides updates to the sales rep/ customer
- Manages time effectively and asks appropriate sources for help when needed
- Manages internal communication to provide accurate project details to regional sales managers and customers
- Creates and maintains customer folders, including a file for customer-facing documents
- Adds new files (and pertinent information from emails) to the customer folders as they are received
- Verifies the necessary information and deposit have been received at the launch of a new project, and notifies the DSI and sales rep of any omissions
- Manages Leankor process flow to ensure deliverable timelines/ milestones are met
- Utilizes Salesforce to collect customer information before requesting it from the customer or sales rep
- Seeks approval from either the DSI or VP of Sales before discounted prices are offered to a customer or products are shipped without advance payment
- Verifies any special requests made by sales reps/ customers with the BM, DSI, or VP of Sales before executing them
- Participates in learning the product line through urban-gro product training
- Works collaboratively with all urban-gro team members
- Displays leadership and promotes a positive work environment
- Order Processing
- Requests quotes from vendors for custom orders or new product sales
- Enters parts lists into quickbooks once generated by the fertigation designer
- Enters new parts into inventory as necessary for completing quotes
- Generates quotes in quickbooks as requested by the sales team/ customers
- Places equipment purchase orders within 1 business day of order confirmation and order deposit
- Notifies procurement/vendors when products are released for shipment (payment received)
- Audits all fertigation orders before they leave the warehouse
- Invoices and generates packing slips for the warehouse for orders shipping from urban-gro directly
- Creates and maintains shipping lists for all active projects, including estimated timelines and tracking after shipment
- Works with vendors to prioritize shipments and develop timelines
- Shares appropriate shipping list with the customer and notifies customer of each individual delivery
- Notifies the customer of any shipment delays
- Verifies all fertigation part orders are on site with the customer
- Is on-call during commissioning for DSC to make rush orders of items needed to complete commissioning
- RMA Processing
- Works with the customer to follow standard warranty procedures, including basic troubleshooting
- Files appropriate warranty claims with our vendors and freight providers
- Arranges the shipment of replacement product within one day of receiving confirmation (either from the vendor or from the DSI) the product is under warranty
- Generates shipping documents for the customer when urban-gro is paying for the return shipment
- Completes an RMA form and provides it to the customer to include with any returns
- Tracks warranties/ RMAs in the RMA log
- Follows up with customers every week until the damaged product is received at the warehouse (when applicable)
- Notifies accounting when to create credit memos for returned product
- Vendor Relations
- Works with certain vendors to prioritize and track all open orders, and orders warehouse stock
- Western CXM – Lights
- Central CXM – Benches, Fans, and Element Air
- Eastern CXM – Fertigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Active listening.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Time Management.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or Equivalent. Associates Degree in Business Management.
- Proven history of detail-oriented work assignments, with increasing complexity and responsibility over time.
- Industry Specific Knowledge
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Leankor, Google Drive Suite
- 1-3 years Customer Service Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.