- Design projects while maintaining expected timelines
- Participate in all design-related calls/meetings
- Reference mechanical drawings to locate equipment and ensure accurate count for control points
- Reference equipment schematics to determine the best control method
- Review and approve drawings
- Collect information from clients and contractors related to equipment selection, control strategy preferences, and installation
- Provide guidance to contractors regarding system installation and start-up
- Discuss control methods and strategies with customers to help them make informed decisions about their facility
- Collaborate with other designers throughout the course of the project
- Support the commissioning team as needed
- Provide all information surrounding the project to the system programmer
- Keep projects organized and keep track of project status
- Provide field termination drawings to accompany all other installation documents
- Strong understanding of control theory
- Experience working with control systems
- Understanding of facility mechanical equipment
- Familiarity with building automation protocols
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Understanding of electrical systems
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Strong communication skills and ability to work directly with clients and contractors
- Ability to maintain and keep organized many projects at different stages of the build
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing consulting services this employee will be exposed to common elements in an agricultural facility including bright light, humidity, and air circulation. The employee is responsible for wearing proper PPE while advising at the customer location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires moderate travel for the purposes of advising and consulting at customer locations. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel is international.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time