The Commissioning Services Technician is responsible for advising customers regarding equipment, facility, or plant (which is installed, or is complete or near completion) to verify if it functions according to its design objectives or specifications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Subject matter expert regarding internal products and systems. Provides consultation and troubleshooting service to customers pre and post commissioning.
- Consult with clients to obtain important project related information and keeping track of numerous simultaneous projects in different stages of maturity.
- Ability to read and advise on architectural and MEP drawing sets, and electrical schematics along with the ability to navigate large sheet sets to find specific devices or components in a building.
- Preparing and delivery of progress reports and check-lists for projects
- Providing onsite consultation & commissioning of plumbing, irrigation and low voltage electrical control systems in Controlled Environment Agricultural Facilities
- Urban-gro expert on commissioning services related to fertigation systems, TGC, Argus, Dosatron, and related environmental control systems.
- Follows SOP regarding emergency part shipments when on commissioning advisory calls.
- Experience designing HVAC / controls and/or fabricating and working around mechanical and electrical control panels in order to advise customers in a safe manner.
- Comfortable with AutoCAD to perform markups/revision clouds and as-built drawing adjustments.
- Adept ability to make CAD drafts using rough sketches, detailed written instructions or verbal instructions.
- Comfortable with using basic geometry and algebra when consulting with customers to calculate how to fit numerous objects in a room in a calculated manner.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and provides exemplary consulting services to clients.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Business Acumen.
- Results Driven.
- Customer Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing consulting services this employee will be exposed to common elements in an agricultural facility including bright light, humidity, and air circulation. The employee is responsible for wearing proper PPE while advising at the customer location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires frequent travel for the purposes of advising and consulting at customer locations, more than 50% Most travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel is international.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, engineering, design, construction management or related field. 5+ years of experience in agricultural/horticulture industry, and/or construction industry.
- Extensive experience in design and construction of greenhouse facilities. Must have 5+ years of experience advising/consulting in an industrial or maintenance environment related to electrical work and plumbing. Familiarity with building control systems, and how they integrate with other systems in a building such as HVAC, electrical panels and plumbing systems in order to advise clients.
- Experience working with engineers and general contractors and attending project meetings as a knowledgeable, solutions-oriented consultant of the company. General knowledge or self-driven interest in greenhouse and controlled environment agriculture facilities.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.