*The Sales Director is responsible for managing sales activities of organization by planning, directing, or coordinating the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules and discount rates.
- Directs staffing, training and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas and goals.
- Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for research and development work.
- Effectively manages sales budget for the region.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Organizational Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Business Acumen.
*This position manages all employees of their assigned sales region and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
*This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. This position also operates in the field at customer locations.
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
*Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
*This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening, weekend, and field work may be required as job duties demand.
*This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7 years in sales.
- 3 years in a management position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with similar products.
*Additional Eligibility Qualifications
*None required for this position.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.