The Office Manager is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, kitchen area, and facilities. Provides high-level administrative support to company executives by processing expense reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling travel and meetings for executives. Exercises frequent independent judgment within agreed-upon limits. Interfaces with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain a professional image.
- Answering phones, routing calls, taking messages, and greeting visitors.
- Preparing coffee every morning and cleaning pots every evening as well as light office cleaning.
- Managing office supply orders, coffee supplies, business card and media supplies etc. including ordering and stocking.
- Coordinating lunch daily including pick up and distribution of meals.
- Maintaining cleanliness of kitchen area and conference room.
- Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using word relevant computer software. Record, type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Responsible for arranging internal office moves and providing arrangements for office meetings.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
3. Time Management.
4. Decision Making.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Organization Skills.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Five years of administrative experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time