We are looking for an energetic marketing & events coordinator to promote the urban-gro brand both online and through live events. You will help generate new leads and drive customer satisfaction by supporting the marketing and sales teams at conferences (pre / during / post), through social media, and digitally.
You will be responsible for managing all conference logistics from start to end, including show services, labor, shipping and receiving, setup and break down, and related outreach and communications. Specific responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Booth selection / reservation. Arrangement of payment terms.
- Ordering and managing show services (e.g. electrical, furniture, labor, etc.)
- Setup (unpacking) and breakdown (packing) of booth and collateral.
- Conference attendance—interaction with attendees and customers.
- Registration of team (internal) and coordination of all attendee itineraries (lodging, transportation, meals, customer entertainment)
- Management and registration for customer (comp’d) tickets
- Networking event management (venue logistics, promotion, on-site day-of support)
- Shipping logistics, including regular evaluation of pricing competitiveness
- Analyze and report on success metrics post event
Social Media and Digital Marketing
You will be responsible for developing and administering social media content that is designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship between consumers and the urban-gro family of brands.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop social media campaigns that help to achieve marketing team goals
- Work closely to identify and work with social influencers
- Collaborate with design team to develop engaging, original rich media content
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users
- Analyze the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy and offer quarterly reports to the management that outline any necessary changes
- Develop and manage online campaigns including paid search, SEO and PPC.
- Adherence to brand communication and content standards
Email and Marketing Automation
You will be responsible for using our marketing automation software (HubSpot) to create emails and automation workflows to support lead generation and nurturing.
- Write, format, and schedule one-off and recurring (part of workflows) emails
- Program and automate workflows based on specific parameters, demographic characteristics, etc.
- Track analytics and make informed adjustments accordingly
- Flexibility to travel 1 – 2 times per month
- Analytical problem solver
- People person — Able to effectively communicate with prospects and customers
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently
- Unflappable — Thrives when working under pressure
- Highly organized and self-motivated
Skills and Experience: Must Have
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading
- Extensive understanding of social media platforms and best practices
- Track record of successfully managing digital ad campaigns / spend
- Corporate event experience
Skills and Experience: Nice to Have
- Some graphics / design experience
- Some WordPress experience
- HubSpot (or similar) experience
This position is not directly responsible for supervising employees but may manage consultant activities.
This position will work from our corporate office in Lafayette 2 days/week and from our satellite office in Denver 3 days/week. The work setting includes a professional office environment as well as industrial settings such as trade show venues and cultivation facilities. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Safety requirements may include work shoes which are appropriate for industrial environments as well as goggles, safety glasses, gloves and other personal protective equipment as directed by manager or facility ownership / management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Lifting up to 50 pounds may be required with assistance.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 30% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related technical field
- 5+ years experience in event management and marketing
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in regulated environments, such as cannabis, is preferable
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
This position requires up to 30% travel, as well as lifting to 50 pounds. US Passport is required for international travel, including nation-specific requirements (eg, Canada does not allow entry to those convicted of DWI offense.)
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.